5 Michigan billionaires make Big Forbes richest list
Just to put things in perspective from the get-go, the threshold this year for entering the ultra-rich club was $ 2.9 billion. Yes BILLION, with a “B”.
Tuesday Forbes published its annual list ranking the 400 richest Americans. Even with last year’s insanity, the $ 2.9 billion mark was up from previous years when it stood at $ 2.1 billion. The change saw 51 of the billionaires who spent time in the illusory club get the boot of the roster. Two great notables fallen out of favor? Oprah Winfrey and former President Donald Trump.
Michigan had serious representation on this year’s roster thanks to 5 Michiganders and their financial success. The five is made up of three men and two women. is made up of a few recognizable names.
- # 23 Dan Gilbert: Founder and Chairman of Quicken Loans with a net worth of $ 30.9 billion.
- # 42 Hank & Doug Meijer: Owners and brothers of Meijer which has 230 stores. Their combined net worth is $ 19.5 billion.
- # 102 Mat Ishbia: President and CEO of the now United Wholesale Mortgage mortgage lender, UWM Holdings. His net worth is $ 8.3 billion.
- # 117 Ronda Stryker: Director of Stryker Corp, the medical device company originally founded by her grandfather. His net worth stands at $ 7.5 billion.
- # 253 Marian Illtich: Marian and her late husband Mike founded Michigan’s Little Caesars Pizza. His current net worth is $ 4.4 billion.
(All figures are by Forbes)
Just in case you were wondering, that was the Amazon mogul. and the new “rocket man”, Jeff Bezos taking first place on the list. His net worth? 201 billion dollars.
You can check out the full list of Forbes 400 for 2021 here.
WATCH: This is the richest city in every state
Just saying the names of these towns immediately conjures up images of grand mansions, fancy cars, and fancy restaurants. Read on to see which city in your home state received the title of richest place and which place had the highest median income in the country. Who knows, your hometown might even be on this list.