Increase in the insurance of the highway bill; OOIDA fires back – listen now
Land line now, June 8, 2021.
Click the play button to listen to our latest podcast.
A bill being drafted in the United States House could increase your minimum insurance requirements by more than 150%. OOIDA retaliates.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA files a brief in support of a lawsuit against California’s AB 5 law. A truck-only tax is under consideration in Connecticut. And Washington State says “Smoke them if you have them!” »Your COVID photos, that is.
II. Anti-masking rule – some courts get it wrong
Many truckers have faced the federal “anti-masking rule,” designed to prevent drivers from hiding violations on their record. However, many courts and local authorities interpret the rule incorrectly.
III. Increase in insurance on the motorway bill
Although the House version of the highway bill includes money for more truck parking, it contains so many provisions detrimental to truckers – including a sharp increase in minimum insurance requirements – that OOIDA expects. to fight the bill. OOIDA has issued a national call to action, and we will have the details. Additionally, state lawmakers across the country are trying to do something about traffic disrupting protests, while Colorado deals with highway funding.
IV. OOIDA fights rising insurance and other “poison pills”
The House transport committee is about to draft its version of the highways bill – and efforts are underway to remove some provisions, such as an increase in insurance, that would be catastrophic for truckers small businesses.
Subscribe to the land line now
Access landline now on the Bullhorn app, or the Land Line Now page of the Bullhorn website, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your mobile plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, can be found at the Petro in Kenly, NC. It is located at exit 106 from Interstate 95. You can find to come Spirit stops here.
- Learn more about the services offered by CDL Legal on their website or call them at 913-738-4836.
- To learn more about state law, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News by State.
- OOIDA has launched a national call to action. Get the details here.
- See notices on the bulletin board.
- It is never too late to share your point of view with lawmakers. You can do this on the Fighting for Truckers Website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve transported COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just email [email protected] and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to the information needed to operate in the context of the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the Land Line Media website page.
- It is helpful for our members to keep us abreast of the conditions on the roads and the problems they encounter. If you have any issues to report, call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email [email protected]