New funding available to support physicians providing pediatric COVID-19 vaccines
August 01, 2022
Physicians for a Healthy California (PHC) today announced that the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) is investing an additional $10 million to support physicians providing pediatric COVID-19 vaccines. Under the newly expanded eligibility rules, the KidsVaxGrant 2.0 program is open to everything providers serving pediatric populations, not just those participating in the federal childhood vaccine program.
Additionally, providers who have already received a KidsVaxGrant are eligible to apply for another grant under the KidsVaxGrant 2.0 program.
The deadline for applying for KidsVaxGrant 2.0 is October 14, 2022. Grants are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, so early submissions are strongly encouraged.
Individual practices may be eligible for up to two grant opportunities:
- Providers serving pediatric populations who have placed at least one full order of the COVID-19 vaccine for infants and toddlers and who are newly enrolled (between December 17, 2021 and October 14, 2022) in the COVID-19 vaccine program of California (myCAvax) can receive $10,000 to cover the cost of registering and starting a vaccination center.
- Providers who are already registered with myCAvax and who vaccinate infants and toddlers against COVID-19 may be eligible for $25,000 per site if they extend hours of operation. Eligible providers should extend hours of operation by at least 25 hours to increase vaccine availability to pediatric populations.
- Extended hours must be outside of regular or existing clinic hours and must be completed within 120 days of application approval (not retroactive).
To help providers through the application process, PHC hosts free webinars to discuss application and eligibility, and answer any questions you have about the process. Register for one of the webinars by clicking on the links below.
- Monday August 1, 2022, from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
- Thursday August 4, 2022, from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday August 5, 2022, from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
- Tuesday August 9, 2022, from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Visit KidsVaxGrant.org to apply and for more information about the program.