Registration begins for those seeking federal assistance due to Dixie Fire


As firefighters work to control several major wildfires in California, registration is underway for Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) wildfire assistance.

Federal assistance may be available for uninsured or underinsured people affected by the Dixie and River fires in Lassen, Nevada, Placer and Plumas counties.

Survivors should contact their insurer first before registering with FEMA.

Assistance can include grants for temporary housing and home repairs, low-cost loans to cover losses of uninsured personal property, and other programs to help individuals and business owners recover from the effects. of disaster.


The registration deadline for DR-4610-CA is Monday, October 25, 2021.

How to register for federal disaster assistance:

Californians can seek FEMA help in three ways:

  1. Visit
  2. Download the FEMA app
  3. Call the FEMA hotline at (800) 621-3362(TTY (800) 462-7585)

Open 4 a.m. to 8 p.m. PDT, 7 days a week

After registering, you can create an account to check your status, view FEMA messages, update your personal information, and download important documents. You can create an account by visiting

I have finished recording. And after?

You will either receive a written letter or email explaining whether you are eligible for aid, how much aid you will receive, how the aid should be used, and how to appeal FEMA’s decision. Please ensure FEMA has your current mailing address and contact information.

FEMA can also schedule a home inspection. You should have the following information ready at the time of the inspection:


  • Your passport photo
  • Proof of ownership / occupation of the damaged residence
  • Insurance documents for your home and / or car
  • List of household occupants living in the house at the time of the disaster
  • All disaster damage to real and personal property

FEMA inspectors are trained to recognize damage, but they don’t decide if you will receive help. They will observe and record any damage that may be eligible under the Individuals and Households Program.

What if I am not eligible for assistance?

If your insurance covers all or part of your losses due to wildfires, file your claim immediately before registering for federal disaster assistance. FEMA cannot help with losses already covered by insurance. In order for FEMA to determine eligibility, you will need to submit your insurance claim or denial documents. If you do not have insurance, or if your insurance does not cover all of your losses or is delayed, you may be eligible for FEMA assistance for your unmet needs.


If you receive a letter stating that you are ineligible for disaster assistance or your registration is incomplete, you can appeal within 60 days of receiving the letter.

An appeal letter is a written request that FEMA review your case and provide new or additional information. There are four ways to file an appeal:

  1. Online on gov
  2. Send the appeal letter and supporting documents to:

FEMA – National Personal and Household Program Processing Service Center
P.O. Box 10055
Hyattsville, Maryland 20782-8055

  1. Fax the appeal letter and supporting documents to:

Attention: FEMA – Individual and Household Program

You will be informed in writing of the response to your appeal, either by mail or through your account.

Source link

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.